This week, I'm releasing the final version of the HMT Caseback Remover 3D design, furnished in OpenSCAD form. License is CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International. 3D print your own!
How can the file be used to unscrew one's own HMT watch?
There are seven variables needed to fill out the file:
- watch_back_width: The diameter of the entire caseback of the watch.- watch_back_top_width: The diameter of the top part of the caseback of the watch.
- watch_back_height: The height of the entire caseback of the watch.
- square_size: The side length of one of the indented squares.
- square_dist_between: The distance between the inner edges of the indented squares.
- square_lift: The height to which the indented squares are raised from the bottom of the caseback.
square_lift: 0 mm for the bottom watch (HMT Kailash) but is 0.5 mm for the left watch (HMT Rajat):
The watch I am working with this time:
Printing out the caseback remover: